The Maple Leaf Community Council Executive Board can have up to 9 members. Board members are elected by the Maple Leaf community to two-year terms at our Spring General Meeting. If you are interested in joining the board, please email email@example.com.
The terms of the Executive board members are staggered . Odd-numbered Board members are elected in odd-numbered years and even-numbered Board members are elected in even-numbered years.
President: Jason Beardriel (Position 5)
Jason is a native of the Seattle area and is an alumnus of both the University of Washington (BA in History, ’04) and Seattle University (MPA, ’13). He has lived in Maple Leaf since 2010 with his wife and two young children.
Jason joined the Maple Leaf Community Council in 2013 and became the President of the Maple Leaf Community Council in March 2017.
- Favorite thing about living in Maple Leaf: Its peacefulness while still being close to all that makes Seattle a great place to live.
- Favorite Season: Spring
- Favorite View from Maple Leaf:View across the park to the city and the mountain.
- Favorite Comfort Food: Totchos from Cooper’s Alehouse.
- Why you joined the Board: I wanted to learn more about governance and have a voice in the future of Maple Leaf.
- Coffee order: Americano on most days, soy latte on others.
Treasurer: Kile Imus (Position 4)
Kile is a native of the Seattle area, having lived here for most of his life, except for a brief stay on the East Coast for college. He has called Maple Leaf home, with his wife, since 2011. He has worked at Childhaven, a national leader in childhood trauma treatment, for ten years.
Kile joined the Maple Leaf Community Council in April 2016 and became the Treasurer of the Maple Leaf Community Council later that year.
- Favorite thing about living in Maple Leaf: The walkability of its businesses, its convenience to the rest of Seattle and the exciting future of Maple Leaf.
- Favorite Season: Autumn.
- Favorite View from Maple Leaf: Looking west at sunset at the Olympic Mountains.
- Favorite Comfort Food: Chips and ‘Hot’ Salsa.
- Why you joined the Board: To be involved in this wonderful neighborhood and to bring a new perspective to the future of Maple Leaf.
- Coffee order: Self-serve drip or a soy latte sprinkled with cinnamon.
Eric Ramsing (Position 6)
Eric is a longtime Maple Leaf resident and joined the Maple Leaf Community Council in 2014. He served as President From 2015-2017.
Sylvia Trager (Position 7)
Sylvia is a Seattle native, self employed, and 25 year resident of Maple Leaf along with husband and golden retriever, Gus.
- Favorite thing about living in Maple Leaf: I absolutely love the convenience.
- Favorite Season: Fall
- Favorite View from Maple Leaf:The city skyline looking south from 85th and 14th.
- Why you joined the Board: I have really grown to appreciate our neighborhood and the committed volunteers whose hard work help make it such a great place to live. It’s my turn to give back to this great neighborhood I call “home”.
- Coffee order: Tall, single, non-fat latte.